Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Crate of Petals - Stampin' Up! Petal Palette

  It looks like the Richmond area is heading straight to summer weather today!  I think spring was only a week long or so.  I saw a funny meme the other day that said, "if I knew spring was only going to last for 3 days I would have enjoyed it more."  Sums it up!

  Todays card is another that we did last month at my stamp club.  I wanted to try to combine some annual catalog products with some Occasions catalog items.  I thought making a little wood crate holding some flowers would be a sweet spring (or for this week, summer) card.


 The card base is the retiring Marina Mist with a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.

  The crate is so easy to make with the Wood Crate framelits.  My class picked from the Wood Textures DSP and just cut out the front part of the crate and trimmed off any extra.  To make a whold crate you need to die cut 2 full pieces and put them together.

  The flowers from Petal Palette in the Occasions catalog are stamped in Basic Gray for a less heavy and bold look that you get from back ink.  Using Blender pens the flowers were colored with Calypso Coral ink and Peekaboo Peach ink.  The leaves are colored with Pear Pizzazz ink.  After coloring the image is cut out with the coordinating Petals & More thinlets.

  Now before we put the crate on the card front we adhered a bit less than half of a paper doily folding over the edge on the back of the crate.  Using dimensionals the crate and flowers are popped up.

  A little Calypso Coral shimmer ribbon from Sale-a-Bration finishes off this all purpose spring/summer card.  I left a few extra of this design blank so I could just add what I need before popping it in the mail.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petal Palette

Ink: Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach, Pear Pizzazz

Paper: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Wood Textures DSP

Accessories: Petals & More thinlets, paper doily, dimensionals, Wood Crate Framelits, Calypso Coral shimmer ribbon (SAB), Pinewood Planks embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!