Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Piggy Thank You - Stampin' Up! This Little Piggy

  My friend (and also my downline) Nicole bailed me out last week when I realized I had designed a card for my stamp club that used the Dapper Denim ink pad on 3 different elements of the same card and she let me borrow her ink pad for the class.  Having 15 stampers using one ink pad for multiple elements is just a log jam waiting to happen!  Usually I design my class projects so that this doesn't happen but for some reason I didn't think about it with this card but Nicole was so generous in lending me her ink pad.  Stampy friends are the best!

  Of course before I returned the ink pad I re-inked it and had to make a proper thank you card!  I wanted to play around with the new Stampin' Blends (being released for customers tomorrow!!) and get some more practice in so I pulled out the This Little Piggy stamp set and combined it with the Cas(e) This Sketch challenge.


  I still have a ways to go with my alcohol marker coloring but it's fun to play.   The Stampin' Blends make it pretty easy since there is a light marker and dark marker of the same shade so there isn't a lot of guess work involved as with other marker brands. And if it's not pretty easy chances are I'm not going to do it very often!

  The card base is Whisper White thick covered with a piece of the Wood Textures DSP.  All of the stamping is done with Memento black onto Whisper White and then colored with the Stampin' Blends.  I used Old Olive, Pool Party and Pink Pirouette.

  After coloring I used the Layering Circles framelits to cut out the images and to cut scalloped circles for the backing.  I popped the circles with dimensionals and trimmed the edges to fit the sketch.

  The sentiment is stamped in black on a strip of Pear Pizzazz cardstock and a little retired Calypso Coral baker's twine bow embellishes the end.

  And of course I had to do up the inside of the thank you card to fit the pig theme!

  
  The beginning of the sentiment is from the This Little Piggy set and I added in the "for saving my bacon" with the Labeler Alphabet stamp set.

  The strip of bacon was made by using the wavy/swoosh thing from the Swirly Scribbles thinlets to cut a Very Vanilla strip and a Cherry Cobbler strip.  I sponged some Crumb Cake ink along the edges of the Very Vanilla as well as used it to darken the Cherry Cobbler pieces which I layered back into the frame.

 All in all a pretty simple card which I think turned out pretty cute!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: This Little Piggy, Labeler Alphabet

Ink: Memento black  Stampin' Blends: Old Olive, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette

Paper: Whisper White, Whisper White thick, Wood Textures DSP, Old Olive, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: Layering Circles framelits, dimensionals, Calypso Coral baker's twine (retired), Swirly Scribbles thinlets


  

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!