Friday, September 1, 2017

Pick a Pumpkin Wreath - Stampin' Up! Pick a Pumpkin - Fab Friday 120

  It's been a busy 2 weeks since I last had time to share a project!  We had a wonderful week at the beach with family and then once we came home I had stamp club to prepare for as well as all the back to school activities for the boys.  It's our first year in middle school so it's a whole new ball game with fees, gym uniforms, lockers and laptops so we've had a lot going on!

  But now it's time for some stamping with the team at Fab Friday!  We have a fun group of colors for this challenge.


  When I first pulled these colors out, I thought they seemed summery and fresh so I was going to try to do a card a long those lines.  Then I saw my stack of new stamps from the just released Holiday Catalog and decided to see if I could make these colors work for a fall card.


  The Pick a Pumpkin stamp set and coordinating Patterned Pumpkins Thinlets seemed like the perfect match for these fresh colors.

  I started this card off with a base of Whisper White thick topped with a panel of regular Whisper White cardstock that is embossed with the new Quilt Top embossing folder.  I love this embossing folder and know it will see a lot of use in the coming months.

  Next, I die cut a bunch of the leaf sprigs in Tranquil Tide and then adhered them to a Whisper White ring to form the wreath.

  The pumpkins and gourd are stamped in the other challenge colors; Tangerine Tango, Peekaboo Peach and Lemon Lime Twist.  After inking up each stamp I used a blender pen to remove the ink from the stems and then re-colored them with my Tranquil Tide marker then stamped them onto Whisper White.  Once they were cut out I arranged them on the edge of the wreath and then popped the whole thing up with dimensionals on the card front.

  The little scripty 'hello' sentiment from the Tabs for Everything set is stamped in Tranquil Tide and cut into a little flag.  A tiny linen thread bow finishes off this card.

  I hope you'll take at look at the new Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog as there are soooo many great new products to get your fall and Christmas crafting off to a great start!

  And after you place your order, sit down and stamp along with the Fab Friday challenge while you wait for Mr. Brown to deliver your new goodies!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pick a Pumpkin, Tabs for Everything

Ink: Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist, Peekaboo Peach, Tangerine Tango

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Tranquil Tide

Accessories: Patterned Pumpkins thinlets, Quilt Top embossing folder, dimensionals, linen thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!