Monday, August 14, 2017

Pastel Snowflakes - Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons

  It seems that I've totally skipped over autumn and gone straight to winter and Christmas!  I promise I will get to some fall cards made (especially using the Colorful Seasons bundle) but for today winter it is.  I wanted to use the colors of the soon to be closing Color Throwdown challenge.  I thought the brighter pastel colors were fun especially since we're in the middle of summer and being the seasonal stamper that I am I barely look at my Subtles collection this time of year.  So a true challenge it was!

  I thought some snowflakes with the challenge colors would be fun.


  I decided to do 3 snowflake panels with each of the challenge colors as the background- Powder Pink, Perfect Plum and Pool Party.  I pulled out my scrap bag of watercolor paper and cut 3 squares and then used my Aquapainter to add drops of ink to the paper.  I pre-wet the watercolor paper so that the inks would spread a bit on their own and then left them to dry a bit.  After they dried for a time I hurried things along with the heat gun.

  After the squares were dry I stamped the 2 sizes of snowflakes from Colorful Seasons in Versamark and then embossed them with white embossing powder.  I popped each square up on dimensionals to a slightly larger square Whisper White square and mounted them to a Pool Party card front.

  The part that took the longest for this card was finding a sentiment that fit into the small square!  I pulled out all of my current Christmas/winter sets, even my brand new 2017 Holiday catalog preorder items and none of the sentiments fit; either in the panel or with the style/theme of the card.  Into the retired sentiment drawer I went and pulled out the long retired Endless Wishes stamp set.  Ah-ha!  Finally some words that I could use!  The sentiment is stamped on another square of watercolor paper in Basic Gray ink.

  I added a folded bit of Powder Pink ribbon behind the panel before adhering it to the card front.  I die cut a tiny snowflake with the Seasonal Layers thinlets using Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper and added it to the corner of the sentiment and put a rhinestone in the center for a bit of bling.

  One Christmas card down, about a bazillion left to make!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Colorful Seasons, Endless Wishes (retired)

Ink: Powder Pink, Perfect Plum, Pool Party, Versamark, Basic Gray

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, watercolor paper, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper

Accessories: white embossing powder, Powder Pink 1/2" Finely Woven ribbon, rhinestone, Seasonal Layers thinlets



2 comments:

  1. GREAT card! Fabulous layout and I love the white snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!