Friday, May 5, 2017

Sweet Daisy Hello - Stampin' Up! Daisy Delight

  I had a few minutes the other day after I had gotten to all of the items on my 'to do' list and before the boys were going to be home from school so I cleaned up my stamping desk and pulled out some of my new catalog products.

  The Daisy Delight stamp set and coordinating punch will be a go to flower set during this upcoming catalog period.  I like the mix of larger and smaller images and it has a really nice sized "Thank You" sentiment.

  For my card today I decided to focus on the some of the smaller flower images.  When working with smaller images it's a good idea to give them a base to layer them on so they don't get lost on the card front.  I used a stitched oval to build my flower arrangement on.


 The card base is thick Whisper White and then I pulled a smaller panel of Crumb Cake out of my scrap bag.  It already had the corners rounded so I popped it through the Big Shot with the retiring Polka Dot embossing folder.

  I used a narrow strip of the new In Color Berry Burst and flagged the ends and then stamped the small flower outline stamp all over to create my own tone on tone patterned paper.  

  The "hello" flag is stamped with another new set, Tabs for Everything.  This set has a lot of small sentiments which are perfect for a lot of different occasions.

  After deciding to use the oval shape to build my flowers on I grabbed Garden Green and stamped the stems.  On a piece of scrap Whisper White, I stamped off the solid leaf stamp for a lighter look and then did the outline in full strength ink.  I fussy cut both leaves out and then moved on to the flowers.

  2 flowers were stamped off in Berry Burst and then outlined in full strength ink.  For some contrast, I stamped one flower in the new In Color Powder Pink with the outline in Berry Burst.  I then hand cut them out.  This set doesn't come with framelits but not to worry they are small flowers and you can fussy cut them in no time at all!

  I added the flowers to the stems with 2 popped on dimensionals and added small rhinestones to the centers.   The leaves are adhered to the side.  A small linen thread bow pulls in the Crumb Cake from the background to finish off the details.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Daisy Delight, Tabs for Everything

Ink: Berry Burst, Garden Green, Powder Pink

Paper: Whisper White thick, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Berry Burst

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, rhinestones, linen thread, Polka Dot embossing folder (retiring), dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!