Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sweet Little Bunny - Stampin' Up! Punches

   I've been able to join in a few challenges lately and it's been fun to stretch my supplies and imagination.  The Mojo Monday challenge is the layout and the theme for the Paper Players is "Easter Bunny".  Super fun to put these 2 challenges together and see what I could come up with.

  I don't have any bunny stamps so the bunny challenge was a real challenge for sure.  Punch art to the rescue. I searched Pinterest to get a feel for any punch art designs with rabbits and then I got to work!


  I used 3 different punches to create my bunny; Festive Flower, Fox Builder, and Tree Builder.  It was fun to pull different shapes in to make this little sweetie.

  Festive Flower- inner and outer ears, carrot tops and bottoms
  Fox Builder- head, body
  Tree Builder- tail, neck fluff

  The bunny is punched in Crumb Cake and Whisper White.  I used the Melon Mambo watercolor pencil and a blender pen to make the bit of pink in the ear.  I stamped the bunny face with the Foxy Friends stamp set in black.  After I had everything adhered I realized I should have sponged the edges of the bunny...live and learn.  The teeth are just hand cut out of a scrap of Whisper White.

  The carrots are Peekaboo Peach with a little sponging and the Peekaboo Peach marker was used to make little detail lines.  The carrot tops are punched out in Emerald Envy cardstock.

  The punch art is mounted onto a stitched shape circle and is layered over the top of a piece of Flirty Flamingo embossed with the Elegant Dots embossing folder.

  The DSP is a piece of the retired It's My Party DSP.  I added a strip of burlap ribbon to put the sentiment on.  The sentiment is from the retired And Many More set and is punched out with the also retired Word Window punch.  Some retired items I just can't give up!

  The final detail is the sprinkling of Frosted Sequins (also retired).  Even though some of the items I used on this card are retired, all the punches used to make the bunny are current so you can easily recreate this punch art bunny!

  The Easter Bunny has come early to our house!  We've named this little guy Peter and he happily hops around our yard and even has a little hidey hole among some of our plants.  Isn't he cute?


  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Foxy Friends, And Many More (retired)

Ink: Basic Black, Peekaboo Peach

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Emerald Envy, It's My Party DSP (retired)

Accessories: Festive Flower punch, Fox Builder punch, Tree Builder punch, Stitched Shapes framelits, dimensionals, watercolor pencils, Elegant Dots embossing folder, burlap ribbon, Word Window punch (retired), Frosted Sequins (retired), dimensionals



   



5 comments:

  1. SO fun! I love the cute expression on the bunny:) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Peter... so glad he has found a safe little haven in your garden - and you can see him as the inspiration in your totally fun card. Love the layout, too. Fabulous card. so glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable punch art bunny Amanda, I especially love his teeth! The addition of the carrots is a cute touch too. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Easter card and use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your clever little punch bunny! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!