Monday, March 13, 2017

Swirly Sympathy- Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird

  Just a quick post today...I was lazy all weekend with the excuse that it was my birthday so now come Monday I have quite a bit to catch up on.  When will I ever learn lol?!

  I never like to make sympathy cards but if there is ever a type of card that needs to be sent this is it.  For this card I wanted a soft look but with a bit of color.


  The card base is Whisper White thick, then a layer of Sahara Sand with the "praying for you" sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers embossed in white.

  The image panel is the swirls from Swirly Bird also embossed in white.  Then I used my watercolor pencils and a blender pen to color inside of the swirls.  I used Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry.

  The large flower? (swirl?) is stamped first in Rich Razzleberry and then the swirl part is embossed in white and then cut out.  I popped it up with a dimensional and tucked a bit of retired Whisper White seam binding ribbon behind it.  To ruche it like this just hold a few of the threads at one end and slide the rest of the ribbon until it bunches up to to your liking.  Here's a quick little tutorial I did a few years back on this easy technique.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Thoughts & Prayers

Ink: Versamark, Rich Razzleberry

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Sahara Sand

Accessories: seam binding ribbon (retired), white embossing powder, watercolor pencils, blender pen

1 comment:

  1. I love the subtle color scheme you chose. For a sympathy card this is indeed one I would make to give to someone who needed to know I was sorry for their loss. Might have to get a hold of a S.U.C soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!