Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Layered Special Flowers - Stampin' Up! Special Reason

I am getting more use out of the Special Reason stamp set than I thought I would when I first bought it during our demonstrator preorder back in December.  Adding the coordinating Stylish Stems framelits gives even more ways to design cute cards.

  My stampers made this card at the January class.  I paired up some brighter colors with the trendy gray Smoky Slate for a fresh spring like card.


  The card base is Smoky Slate and then a layer of Whisper White with the corners rounded.  Using the large detailed flower die we cut it out slightly off center to leave room for layering the other flowers.

  The large flower is stamped in Peekaboo Peach and the small flower in Melon Mambo and both are cut out.  Before adhering the large flower there is a flagged piece of A Little Foxy DSP with a bit of organza ribbon layered on top behind it.  I cut out a bunch of the Smoky Slate patterns from this paper stack for my stampers to choose from...there are lots of choices in this small stack of paper.  The flagged end is curled just a bit with a bone folder.

  The Melon Mambo flower is adhered with a dimensional and the sentiment is stamped in Smoky Slate for the last touches.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Special Reason

Ink: Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo, Peekaboo Peach, A Little Foxy DSP stack

Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White

Accessories: Sylish Stems framelits, organza ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!