Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Butterfly in Gray & Gold - Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wings

 Sometimes it is fun to make detailed, layered cards with lots of elements and sometimes it's nice to stay really basic and let the images stand on their own without a lot of extras.  I went really CAS with this card and used it as a design stepping stone to a card my stampers made at our last class.  I'll share that one another day so don't worry there is another butterfly card in your future!

  I got my inspiration from a home decorating catalog that had a room set up that had a pair of butterfly prints hanging on the wall.  The butterflies were in gray and gold and I thought that would be a cool look to try to recreate on a card.  Watercolor Wings was the perfect stamp set to work with for this idea.



  The card base is Whisper White thick, then another layer of Whisper White with the corners rounded.  The butterfly is stamped in stages with the base being Smoky Slate ink stamped off once, then the edges stamped in Smoky Slate full strength.  The center detail is stamped in gold ink stamped off once.  The body is Smoky Slate and antennae are gold.  And that's it....just layering 2 different colors of ink in varying intensities.

  The sentiment from Sheltering Tree is embossed in gold embossing powder onto a strip of vellum.  I used a longer strip so I would have extra on the sides to wrap around the back of the butterfly layer and adhere.  That way I don't have to try to hide any adhesive on the front.  I added a bit of gold cord as the only embellishment.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Watercolor Wings, Sheltering Tree

Ink: Smoky Slate, gold (retired), Versamark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, vellum

Accessories: corner rounder, gold embossing powder, gold cord

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!