Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Birthday Quilt - Stampin' Up! Suite Sentiments

  My mom's birthday was last month so I designed a card that hit on her most favorite things to do which are sewing/quilting and working in her gardens.  If she could spend the day sewing and gardening her day would definitely be perfect.


  I used the A Little Foxy DSP stack as the colors were fun and cheerful and I thought they would make a good quilt.  I die cut 12 little squares using the Stitched Shapes framelits so each square would have the nice stitched detail along the edge.  I layered these on a piece of Whisper White and then embossed the whole panel with the Elegant Dots embossing folder.

  Next is a pretty stitched satin Pool Party bow.  Using a stitched shapes circle I cut out a Smoky Slate  layer and then a Calypso Coral circle with the Layering Circles framelits.  I stamped the sentiment from Suite Sentiments in Pool Party ink and cut out another circle and popped it up with dimensionals.

  To bring in the flowers that my mom loves I used the Botanical Builder framelits to cut out a few flowers.  They are popped on dimensionals and I highlighted the centers with a retired candy dot and a retired large adhesive pearl.


  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Suite Sentiments

Ink: Pool Party

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, A Little Foxy DSP stack, Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Elegant Dots e.f., Layering Circles framelits, dimensionals, Botanical Builder framelits, Stitched satin ribbon, candy dot (retired), large adhesive pearl (retired)





1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card Amanda, a perfect showcase for DSP. I'm sure your mom loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!