Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Garden in Bloom Birthday - Stampin' Up Garden in Bloom

  It was Ryan's teachers birthday last week and of course I can't let an occasion go by with out making a card to celebrate!  She loves the color purple and working in her garden so I went with that theme for the card.  It went well with the garden center gift certificate and purple gardening gloves that we got her.

  I have a horrible tendency to forget about stamp sets once the new has worn off and the next catalog has come out or the next major holiday is looming on the calendar.  I don't love them any less but they just end up on the bottom of the stack and I don't reach for them as often.  Garden in Bloom was sadly one of these sets until I decided to use it for this birthday card.  And I'm reminded why I love it again!



  The base is Whisper White and then a slightly smaller layer of Basic Gray.  I embossed the flower and leaves in white for the background.

  The top layer of Whisper White is embossed with the Elegant Dots embossing folder and layered over Rich Razzleberry cardstock.

  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray onto Delightful Dijon cardstock and then flagged. The flower and leaves are stamped in Basic Gray onto Whisper White.  The flower was filled in with Rich Razzleberry and the center with Delightful Dijon and the leaves with Old Olive.  I hand cut them and layered them over the edge of the sentiment.

  Then I used my Wink of Stella pen and colored in the flower petals.


  Definitely take a look at your stamp sets and pull out an old favorite and give it some love!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Garden in Bloom

Ink: Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Delightful Dijon, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Delightful Dijon

Accessories: white embossing powder, Wink of Stella, dimensionals, Elegant Dots embossing folder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!