Friday, August 19, 2016

Fish in the Aquarium - Stampin' Up! Seaside Shore - Fab Friday 94

Here we are again back on a Friday with a fantastic Fab Friday challenge!  Like I say just about every other Friday....what a great way to start the weekend off!

    We're doing the new In Colors this time around!  Grab your inks and papers and get started.  I couldn't get all 5 to look right on this card so I went with 3 of them...Peekaboo Peach, Emerald Envy, and Dapper Denim.  To see an example I made earlier this summer using all 5 colors check out In Color Color Block Jar card.

  After I got to stamping with them I kept thinking that it looked like those rooms at an aquarium where it's all dark with lights along the floor and all the blues and greens are shimmering in the large tanks with the beautiful colors of fish.  I don't know if you can see that or maybe I'm just a wacko but these fish are fun to create scenes with!


  I used the new Seaside embossed folder on the Dapper Denim panel and that set a nice backdrop for my fish and seaweed.  The bubble are stamped off once to make them a bit lighter so as not to compete with the darker fish.

  The Peekaboo Peach fish is stamped on scrap Very Vanilla and cut out and then popped with a dimensional on the edge of the panel.

  I stamped off the seaweed once and added the starfish over the top then punched it out and layered it with a Peekaboo Peach circle.

  The Emerald Envy ruched ribbon goes across the card front and is tied on the edge with a bit of Very Vanilla thick bakers twine to add a bit of nautical flair.

  Head over to the Fab Friday challenge and see what the rest of the Design Team came up with for these colors.  They are all super clever and creative so I bet you'll see lots of way to use all 5 on one card!  I can't wait to see what you create!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Seaside Shore

Ink: Peekaboo Peach, Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim

Paper: Peekaboo Peach, Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Seaside embossing folder, dimensionals, circle punch, ruched ribbon, thick baker's twine
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!