Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Swirly Sailboat - Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird

 Whew!  I just placed my first order out of the 2016-2017 Stampin' Up! Annual catalog!  It's so hard to choose what to put on that first order!  I had to order a few more things to prepare for my new catalog party in 2 weeks.  I'm so excited to share new stuff with my stampers!

  For now I'm still sharing samples I've made using the 2 stamp sets I ordered during the demonstrator preorder.  Swirly Bird has lots of possibilities since it has flowers (that can just be swirls), a boat, a bird and a kite.  Wow!  That's a lot images!  And Thoughtful Banners has so many mix and match sentiment choices to go with just about any occasion!

  I used these sets to make a Father's Day card to share today.


  Good guy colors right?  Dapper Denim (new In Color) is fast becoming a favorite the more I use it.  I've paired it with Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake.

  The background stamp is from You've Got This and is a great stamp to add some texture.  Using the Swirly Scribbles thinlets that coordinate with the Swirly Bird set I cut what I was kind of thinking of as wind from a piece of Silver Glimmer paper.  I've seen this piece used as a trellis, water, background element and so many more ideas.

  The boat is stamped and cut out and popped up on layered circles.  The small sail is Dapper Denim stamped off once for a lighter tone.

  Using the Thoughtful Banners set I curved it to flow with the top of the thinlet shape.  I think I may have enough Father's Day cards now but I better check because it will be here before we know it!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Thoughtful Banners, You've Got This

Ink: Smoky Slate, Dapper Denim, Crumb Cake

Paper: Dapper Denim, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Silver Glimmer paper

Accessories: Swirly Scribbles thinlets, circle punches, dimensionals

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!