Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wild Birthday - Stampin' Up! Zoo Babies

  It continues to be gray and cool here in Central VA.  I don't know whats going on but the sun is so scarce that my basil plants are looking pretty sad and the pots that I planted with flowers 2 weeks ago look exactly the same size.  The only thing that's growing seems to be the grass!

 I'll try to brighten my day with this card! And maybe yours too!  I combined 2 challenges for this one and I think it came out pretty cute!  The Zoo Babies set is a favorite of mine and I will be sad to see it retired at the end of May.  It makes such cute baby cards.  Here are few fun examples of how I've used Zoo Babies in the past: Welcome Baby Colton, Zoo Babies Gift Set, Welcome New Baby, and Baby Boy.  Do you see a theme?

  Even though I generally use Zoo Babies for baby cards I decided a birthday theme was in order for today!  Using the Retro Sketches challenge and the theme of wild animals at Paper Players


  I stuck to the sketch and used the It's My Party DSP for the stripes in the background.  With all the fun patterns in this pack you could make a whole stack of cards and never repeat the same combination of papers!

  I used a piece from my card parts pile that had already been stamped with the Writing Notes background stamped.  I think it's Pool Party ink but looks close enough to Mint Macaron to work for this card!  It even already had the holes punches it was quick work to add a bakers twine bow and then a layer of Basic Black cardstock behind.

  The sweet "wild" zebra was stamped in black and hand cut and then popped up on the notebook paper layer.

  Using the new Thoughtful Banners stamp set (coming the new annual catalog!) I stamped the sentiment on narrow strips of Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo and Mint Macaron and then just snipped the angles with my paper snips.

  A few candy dots in matching colors finish off the embellishments for this card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zoo Babies (retiring), Thoughtful Banners (new)

Ink: Basic Black, Pool Party

Paper: Whisper White thick, Basic Black, Whisper White, It's My Party DSP, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron

Accessories: hole punch, candy dots (retiring), dimensionals





3 comments:

  1. Amanda your little zebra is so cute and I love the pop of colour from your sentiment that is so appropriate for our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is just fantastic! I love your notebook paper with this adorable zebra and sentiment! Such a fun card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!