Friday, May 20, 2016

Swirly Birthday - Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird

  As like so many other stampers I've upped my birthday card game thanks to the lovely Shannon West and her #imbringingbirthdaysback campaign.  I needed quite a few this month so I'm trying to restock my inventory!  

  I've been lucky to have a consistent amount stamping time lately and I've tried to make the most of it by using some challenges to get my card making focused so I can (hopefully) complete more projects.

  This card used the Mojo Monday sketch and the Global Design Project challenge and the card came together quickly with those 2 starting points.  The Global Design Project challenge is to CASE the Designer so you can pull elements from the designer card to create your own.  I was inspired by her  colors.  Mojo Monday is this fun tilted design.  I'm usually a "straight and everything in its place" kind of stamper so it's fun to do these layouts.


  I've got some retiring, carrying over and new products working to bring this one together.  The base is Tip Top Taupe which is a lovely neutral and is in the group of In Colors which is sticking around for another year.

  Next up is a layer of DSP from the Botanical Gardens DSP which is from the Occasions catalog but is retiring at the end of the month so if you love those bold tropical patterns you better get it before it's gone!  This is one of the lighter colored designs in the pack.

  Then I've got the Softly Falling embossing folder on Whisper White cardstock.  Softly Falling was such a huge hit from the Holiday Catalog it's carrying over again.  It's a nice subtle pattern for all sorts of card themes.

  The sentiment is stamped in Mint Macaron and can be found in the Rose Wonder stamp set also carrying over to the new catalog.



  And finally the new products from the upcoming annual catalog!  Swirly Bird stamp set and the coordinating Swirly Scribbles thinlets.  The background scribble is cut from Tip Top Taupe cardstock and then layered with a stamped flower in Mint Macaron as are the leaves.  The easiest way that I've found to adhere these designs is to use the fine tip glue.  It makes getting the adhesive in the right spot a snap!

  I tried added some different ribbons to the design and nothing worked very well but it still needed just a little something!  I decided pearls would do the trick and used one medium sized pearl for the very center and then added the smallest size around it creating a cluster.

  I'm thinking now that I should have made several of this design while I had the supplies!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Rose Wonder

Ink: Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe

Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Botanical Gardens DSP

Accessories: Swirly Scribbles thinlets, Softly Falling embossing folder, pearls, dimensionals




8 comments:

  1. I think you do tilt cards very well! You have come up with a great combination of the two challenges using this new Swirly Bird set. I like the "cleanness" of this card very much. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just lovely! I love the soft colors and cluster of pearls in the center of the swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. I especially love the pearls in the flower center. Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So perfectly sweet, Amanda! I love the arrangement of pearls in the middle of the next. Great card! Thanks for playing along with this week's CASE the Designer Challenge with the Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm loving this gorgeous color combo! So glad you were able to join us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love every single delicate detail on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!