Friday, April 1, 2016

Spring Flower Patch - Fab Friday 84

  
  Am I the only one who gets their days mixed up when they travel or the kids are off of school?  All yesterday it felt like a Saturday or Sunday but it was only Thursday!  I guess I shouldn't wish spring break over too quick right?  Soon enough it will be back to the grind.  

  In the meantime Fab Friday has got a nice spring color combo for you to try!  It's going to be rainy and stormy here in Central Virginia today but maybe I'll make another card with these colors to brighten my day!

  Here we go with Calypso Coral, Pool Party and So Saffron:



  I thought at first that this one would be a true challenge but I found that my card came together rather quickly once I put my mind to it and stopped dilly dallying in my stamp room!  The technology part of taking the photograph with my new camera and editing on my new computer were more the problem this time around.  If any of my blog readers know a thing or two about DSLR photography please give a shout!  It's clear I could use some tutoring.


    I don't know about a lot of you but I bought the Flower Patch stamp set quite a while ago and haven't used it much lately.  I thought the solid flowers in this set would make a good pairing with our challenge colors.  I stamped them and one of the smaller flowers from the set along one side of a piece of Whisper White.  Since this is a photopolymer set (all clear, no cushion) it's important to use a foam pad underneath your cardstock to get nice crisp images.

  Slightly overlapping the flowers is the larger sentiment in black ink.  I thought it made quite a striking contrast.  I added a bit of Calypso Coral ribbon from a few Sale-a-Brations ago including a sweet little fork bow.  One the 3 larger flowers I also added some of the iridescent sequins that came in one of the recent Paper Pumpkin kits.  They were just enough sparkle without being too flashy (or lumpy).

  I hope you can find some time to join us in our challenge this time around.  The Fab Friday challenges are open for almost 2 weeks so running out of time shouldn't be an excuse!  Check out how the rest of the Design Team used these colors over at Fab Friday.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Flower Patch, Hello (retired-SAB)

Ink: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron, Black

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White

Accessories: Calypso Coral ribbon (retired-SAB), sequins (Paper Pumpkin kit)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    I just love your take on our color challenge. Theses cascading flowers are perfect and your card is fresh and so so pretty. Thanks for inspiring! I know just what you mean about dillydallying in your stamp room. I do it often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Amanda! I love your layered stamping and your bow adds the perfect touch. Beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely card Amanda...so clean and crisp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!