Friday, April 15, 2016

Celebrate with Cake - Fab Friday 85

  How can it be Friday already?  And how can it be another Fab Friday challenge already??  The days are just flying by lately!  I'm continuing to add to my birthday card stash and I used our sketch challenge this week to help me along.




  I have to admit I did struggle with this one for some reason.  I think mainly it was my focus or lack of focus that was the problem.  I really needed to just pick a stamp set and some colors and get to work.  I kept grabbing too many supplies and then it just looked like a hot mess!

  When I decided to flip the sketch that's when things started to come together...even some supplies that I had out that weren't making the cut the first time around!  It's all about perspective I guess!


  I mixed and matched some DSP patterns and colors for this bright birthday card.  I pulled my colors from an inspiration picture I saw on Pinterest.  I try to save fun color combos to a Pinterest board when I seem them so I can go back when I'm stuck for an idea.

  The stamping is basic with the large birthday greeting from Party with Cake stamped in black on the main panel.  I colored in the letters with Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay markers and over stamped with the sprinkles stamp in gold.

  The side of the main panel has a small strip of scalloped gold Glimmer paper.  Thanks to a tip I learned from someone who played in the last Fab Friday challenge I used the largest square framelit which is scalloped to make this fun little element!  

  The DSP is added behind the panel.  The Melon Mambo pattern and the Mint Macaron stripes are from the It's My Party DSP stack and the Bermuda Bay piece is from Cherry on Top DSP.

  To add in just a bit more gold I glued a few gold sequins to the front.

  I hope you'll join us at Fab Friday and make something awesome with our sketch!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Party with Cake

Ink: Basic Black  Markers: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, gold

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, It's My Party DSP, Cherry on Top DSP, Gold Glimmer paper

Accessories: gold sequins, dimensionals


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!