Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Watercolored Balloon Trio - Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebrations

   A few weeks ago I got out my watercolor paper scrap bag and sat down to just play around.  I had a bunch of little pieces of watercolor paper that I was trying out some different techniques on and this card is the result of my play time.


  First I embossed some balloons from the Balloon Celebrations set with white embossing powder onto watercolor paper.  Then I grabbed a few ink pads that I thought would look good together.  After pressing the closed lid into the pad and getting a little pool of ink on the inside I used my Aquapainter and brushed the ink colors onto the balloon images straying outside the lines on purpose.

  I added black mats to each balloon panel and then adhered them to the front of a Whisper White thick card base with rounded ends.  Each layer is popped up on top of the previous one with dimensionals.

  I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Sprinkles of Life set as it was a better fit for the space and style of the card than the happy birthday sentiment that comes with the Balloon Celebrations set. Don't be afraid to mix and match stamp sets and sentiments to fit your design.

  A small rhinestone next to the sentiment is the final detail for this card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Balloon Celebrations, Sprinkles of Life

  Ink: Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Black

  Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, watercolor paper

  Accessories: dimensionals, white embossing powder, rhinestone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!