Friday, March 4, 2016

Soft Flowers - Fab Friday 82 - Stampin' Up! Botanical Builder Framelits

   Happy happy Friday!  We've got a new Fab Friday challenge for you today.  Some great spring colors to get you in the mood for Easter and warmer weather.

  I don't usually gravitate to pastels as a general rule unless it's for a baby card but these colors are really nice together!  Isn't it nice to have a challenge get you out of your comfort zone?


    Funny thing is I had been trying to make a card using Blushing Bride and and 2 greens and I just couldn't get anything to look right.  I just needed to change my greens (or bluish-green)! 


  I kept my layout very simple and let the layered flowers do the talking.  I used heavy Whisper White for the flower bases.  The Botanical Builder framelits have such endless possibilities for mixing and matching flower and leaf parts.  I've done a lot in white but I need to get busy creating some bold colored flowers.  For the 2 largest flowers I sponged a bit of Blushing Bride in the centers before layering the center details on.

 

  The flowers are popped up on a Blushing Bride base with a panel of the Botanical Gardens vellum with the corners rounded.  This fun vellum can be earned as a Sale-a-bration reward.  Yes, SAB is still going strong!  Check your wish lists and order before March 31 to take advantage.  

  The sentiment is from the Sky is the Limit SAB set.  It was supposed to be for a limited time only but Stampin' Up! still has some left so if you didn't get this one and still want it then don't wait!  I embossed the sentiment in white onto Pool Party cardstock.  I flagged the end and then added a smaller flag underneath in Mint Macaroon.

  I know you have some great ideas on how to use our challenge colors so I hope you'll play along!  If you're stuck for ideas head over to the Fab Friday challenge page and get inspired by the Design Team samples!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sky is the Limit (SAB)

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, Pool Party, Whisper White, Botanical Gardens vellum (SAB)

Accessories: Botanical Builder framelits, corner rounder, white embossing powder, rhinestones, candy dot, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!