Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Happy Birthday Sunshine - Stampin' Up Sunburst Thinlet

  Isn't this a fun, happy birthday card?  I'm usually not one for mixing a lot of patterns but the It's My Party DSP stack makes it easy because the patterns and colors really play nicely together.



  I mixed and matched the patterned papers as well as the stamps that I used.  The Happy Birthday is from the Party with Cake set and the Sunshine is from the Sale-a-Bration set Hello.  I used my Melon Mambo marker to just ink up the "sunshine" part of the stamp and then punched it out with the short end of the Decorative Label punch.

  The sentiments are popped up on top of a bright shiny sun cut with the Sunburst Thinlet.  I cut the sun down and cut a matching panel out of Silver Glimmer paper using a circle framelit.

  The small banners are hand cut from scraps and I added a length of silver sequin trim as well as some loose sequins scattered across the card front.

  I'm still working on learning my new camera and it is slow going!  There are SOOOO many settings!  I know the more I use it the easier it will be to figure out when to use which settings but I feel completely out of my element!  I took todays card picture with it and I think it looks better than my old point and shoot ones but I still need to tweak some things.  So thanks for your patience as I will probably be going back and forth between old and new photos as some cards have been sent out already and I can't go back and redo the picture.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Party with Cake, Hello (SAB)

Ink: Basic Black  Marker: Melon Mambo

Paper: Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Mint Macaron, It's My Party DSP stack, Silver Glimmer paper

Accessories: Sunburst Thinlet, Decorative Label punch, Melon Mambo baker's twine, silver sequin trim, dimensionals

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!