Friday, March 11, 2016

Blue Birthday Balloons - Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebrations

  I have good news and bad news!  The good news is that I got a new camera yesterday for my birthday!  It's a cool DSLR one with all the bells and whistles and I can't wait to learn how to use it especially to take pics of my cards!  The bad news is I got a new camera!  Ha!  Seriously this things has so many buttons and settings it's not even funny.  I think it might take me a while to figure it all out so my card photos might stink for a while longer!  If anyone has any good tips or websites I'd be happy to take any and all suggestions!

  So for now you'll have to suffer through some more poor quality pics but I think you'll still get the idea!

  We made this card at my last stamp club.  We did 3 cards as usual and I had one birthday card geared towards guys and one birthday card that was more girlie to help get the #imbringingbirthdaysback campaign to spread to my stamping ladies.  Sometimes it's hard to do guy cards and I think a great place to start is to pick colors from a DSP pattern and go from there.

 

  I bought the Schoolhouse DSP in my first order when this annual catalog came out last summer.  I've used it in bits and pieces here and there but the colors are perfect for guy cards as they are yellows, blues, oranges and greens.  I started with the small checked pattern and pulled my colors from there.

  The card base is Daffodil Delight with a narrow strip of Tangerine Tango (great way to use up small scraps!)  On the other end is a strip of our patterned paper.  

  We stamped the stars, Happy Birthday sentiment and balloon strings onto a piece of Whisper White in Basic Gray ink.  I hope you aren't sick of seeing cards made with Balloon Celebrations because I'm not tired of making them.  I have a few more up my sleeve to share in the coming days!

  

  Next, the balloon outlines are stamped in Basic Gray and then filled in with Pacific Point ink.  We got the 2 different shades of Pacific Point by inking up the solid balloon shapes just once.  Stamped one set of balloons and then without reinking stamp the second set.  Then add some stars to a few of your balloons.  Finally punch them out and arrange them on the card over the strings.  We used several layers of dimensionals so the smallest balloon is higher than the others.

  The final details for this card are to add a bit of gold.  We tied a small bow with gold cording and adhering it with a glue dot.  Then some of the stars were colored in using the gold Wink of Stella.  The Wink of Stella brush pens make it so easy to add hints of shimmer!

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Balloon Celebrations

Ink: Basic Gray, Pacific Point

Paper: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Schoolhouse DSP, Whisper White

Accessories: Balloon Bouquet punch, gold cord, Wink of Stella gold, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!