Friday, March 18, 2016

Bermuda Birthday Cake - Fab Friday 83 - Stampin' Up! Endless Birthday Wishes


I'm running WAY behind this morning so I'll be back later to add in some details for this card.  But here is our Fab Friday challenge!  It's a fun sketch.  I turned my card on its side!




  Can't go wrong with a birthday card!


   Edited to add:

   I came across this color combination in a bedding catalog.  I thought it would look good on a card, especially one for a guy.  It's Bermuda Bay, Cucumber Crush, Smoky Slate and a teeny tiny bit of Marina Mist with the dots on the cake.

  The cake and Words are stamped in Basic Gray and then I used my Aquapainter to add a light wash of Bermuda Bay ink over the cake.  I added some light dots in Smoky Slate across the bottom of that panel.

  The flags are from my neglected Cherry on Top DSP stack from the Annual Catalog.  I love that this pack has some designs that are more birthday but also some basic prints that can be used on any kind of project.  I kept trying to have the long flags straight as in the sketch but it was just wasn't working  so I had to angle them.  They are held together with a staple which is a great accent for a masculine card.

  As you can see from the photo I still haven't mastered my new camera!  I don't know why it looks kind of foggy.  When I added my watermark it seemed crisp!  Can I blame Blogger?  Haha!

  Head over to Fab Friday and see all the amazing creation that my fellow Design Team has come up with.  I am always inspired!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Endless Birthday Wishes, Party with Cake

Ink: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay, Marina Mist

Paper: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Cucumber Crush, Cherry on Top DSP

Accessories: white baker's twine, stapler, corner rounder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!