Thursday, February 11, 2016

Watercolored Rose - Stampin' Up! Rose Wonder

  I wanted to share the 3rd card that we made at my most recent class today.


  I love the Rose Wonder/Rose Garden thinlet bundle but as I was designing the cards for class I realized I already had my 2 Big Shots booked for the other 2 projects.  So I started playing around with ideas to use the stamp set without the dies.  

  The card base is Watermelon Wonder and we stamped the rose onto Shimmery White cardstock in Memento ink.  Using the empty corner of the cardstock we stamped and punched out the thank you sentiment.  Next we used the aqua painter and the Strawberry Slush and Cucumber Crush ink pads to color in the rose and leaves.  

  I used the more free approach of just brushing the ink onto the cardstock in big circles while squeezing to add a bit more water.  I didn't paint each petal one at a time or get fussy with staying in the lines.  Some of my stamping ladies had a rough time with this but you paint how you want to paint!  

  After adding the color we cut around the one edge of the image.  We tied a length of the Dotted Lace trim around the card front and then adhered the rose panel down.  The thank you oval is popped on dimensionals across the lace.

  I just love these colors together.  They just remind me of summer and seeing how cold it is here in Richmond today (well cold for us!) I could use a bit of summer thoughts!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rose Wonder

Ink: Memento Black, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush

Paper: Strawberry Slush, Shimmery White cardstock

Accessories: Aquapainter, Dotted Lace trim, oval punch, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!