Friday, January 15, 2016

Botanical Flowers - Stampin' Up! Botanical Builder Framelits

  The products in the Botanical Gardens suite in the Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog are so versatile!  Use the stamp set with the DSP, use the framelits with the stamps, use the DSP with the framelits and it goes on and on!

  One of the things I love about this suite are the "greenery" stamps.  They are kind of on the masculine side with those big leaves and leaf details and paired up with the colors in the DSP you can make some great tropical and guy oriented cards.  But that's not the direction I went with todays card!  Here is that versatility coming out.  I used the framelits on their own and made pretty girlie type flowers.

  I needed some thank you cards after Christmas so I dug out these colors from the closed Colour Q challenge of Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride.  And in full disclosure I grabbed Soft Sky by mistake and didn't realize it until my flowers were assembled but they are kind of close so we're just going to go with it.


  This was a great design to use up a lot of small scraps of these colors.  I arranged all the framelit pieces with different colors of cardstock on my precision base plate and cut them out all at once.  I repeated that process several times changing which colors I used with which framelit so by the end I'd used a lot of smaller scraps as well as had enough cut to make 4 cards.  Each one was slightly different as I just mixed and matched the different pieces.

  The flowers are put together using a combo of glue dots and two way glue.  They are arranged on a simple Whisper White background with the sentiment stamped almost in the center.  The layout is from the closed CAS(e) This Sketch challenge.  

  It was fun to build all these different flower and I especially like the little three dimensionals flowers where parts of the petals can be popped up.

  Thank for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: One Big Meaning

  Ink: Crumb Cake

  Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride

  Accessories: Botanical Builder framelits, corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!