Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Super Simple Christmas Tree - Stampin' Up! Festival of Trees

  If you're like me you are already starting to plan (maybe just in your head) for the upcoming Christmas season.  I'm making mental notes, pinning certain projects on Pinterest and generally just keeping aware of the calendar so time doesn't get away from me.  Having a few super simple Christmas card designs up my sleeve is essential.  While we send out about 60-70 family Christmas cards I always find myself needing about 20 more to go along with teacher, staff, Sunday school teacher and other small gifts that we give to various people at Christmas.  I like having a few designs that I can whip up without a lot of fuss and supplies.

  I think this card fits the bill.  And to make it even better.....you can use the same layout and just switch out the paper designs to mix and match.  I used the Merry Moments DSP pack from the Holiday catalog that has 4 designs on 48 double sided sheets.



  The card base is Crumb Cake with a piece of the Merry Moments DSP next.  I embossed the sentiment in gold.  The words are part of the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set with also has endless mix and match possibilities!

  I had a scrap of retired Old Olive Coredinations textured cardstock laying around so that went on next.  You can also just stamp a piece of Old Olive cardstock or emboss with an embossing folder if you want a bit of interest for this part.  Next comes another smaller piece of Merry Moments DSP.

  I stamped the solid tree image from Festival of Trees (Annual catalog) in Old Olive ink and punched it out with the Tree punch.

  I small punched star in Gold Glimmer paper and some gold thread was added behind the tree.  The tree is popped up on dimensionals.

  I used the Just Add Ink challenge layout but flipped it on it's side.  I will be making more of these for sure!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Festival of Trees, Holly Jolly Greetings

Ink: Versamark, Old Olive

Paper: Crumb Cake, Merry Moments DSP, Whisper White, Old Olive, Gold Glimmer

Accessories: gold thread, tree punch, star punch, gold embossing powder, dimensionals
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!