Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Watercolored Turtle - Stampin' Up! From Land to Sea


  Better late than never right?  I actually gave this card to my husband on Father's day so I wasn't late with that but I am quite late in sharing it here on Did You Stamp Today?




  It was fun working with some new supplies to make this card.  The stamp set from Land to Sea has such nice realistic images so all those who are nature lovers are sure to be drawn to this set.

  I used water color paper and colored it with Pacific Point ink.  I first spritzed the paper with water before brushing the ink across with my Aquapainter.  After I dried it with my heat tool I tore the edge for some texture and contrast.

  The turtle was heat embossed with white embossing powder onto watercolor paper.  I used Garden Green to color in the turtle.  Again I dried it with my heat tool and then cut it out.



  The base of the card is Crumb Cake with the water panel adhered after adding some linen thread.  The turtle is popped up with dimensionals and I added "bubbles" with the new white Perfect Accents in 2 of the 3 available sizes.

  The sentiment was stamped with the Alphabet Rotary stamp on to scraps of watercolor paper and then hand trimmed.  This stamp isn't new to the catalog but is new to me and I don't know why I waited so long to get it.  It's really nice to be able to make any sentiment that you need.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: From Land to Sea, Alphabet Rotary

Ink: Pacific Point, Garden Green, Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake, watercolor paper

Accessories: linen thread, White Perfect Accents, dimensionals, white e.p.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!