Friday, July 24, 2015

Golden Leaves Sympathy - Fab Friday 69 - Stampin' Up! Vintage Leaves

  It's time for another Fab Friday Challenge!  This time around it's a color challenge!  For some reason these colors made me think of fall.  Not really sure why since they aren't really traditional fall reds, browns, yellows or oranges.  Maybe I was just projecting since I wanted to use my new Vintage Leaves stamp set that saw ink for the very first time on this card.

  Check out our colors:



  While I don't need a sympathy card right now I always like to have a few in my stash to just grab when the need arises since I find it hard to make these kinds of cards on demand.

  Check out this elegant look with the gold embossing!



  The fine details in the Vintage Leaves stamp set are just awesome and I can't wait to see some of the fabulous watercoloring I know we'll be seeing with this set once the weather starts to cool down.

  The Mossy Meadow panel is embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder and then sponged with Mossy meadow ink.  I cut my leaves with the coordinating Leaflets framelits and layered them over a strip of Burlap Ribbon and retired satin Blackberry Bliss ribbon.  The stems are tied with a small linen thread bow.

  The sentiment from Petite Pairs is stamped in Mossy Meadow, punched out and then sponged.

 


  I hope you'll head over to Fab Friday to see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with.  They always have such great ideas and I get tons of inspiration from them!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Vintage Leaves, Petite Pairs

Ink: Mossy Meadow, Versamark

Paper: Very Vanilla, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, BlackBerry Bliss

Accessories: Leaflets framelits, gold embossing powder, circle punch, linen thread, burlap ribbon, satin ribbon (retired)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! I really like your non-traditional colors for the leaves. This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!