Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Celebrate Graduation - Stampin' Up! Celebrate Today

  I have gotten a lot of mileage out of the Celebrate Today stamp set and coordinating framelits from the Occasions catalog.  And I'm happy to say that they are carrying over into the new 2015-2016 Stampin' Up! catalog that will be coming soon!!

  We made this card at my last class to say goodbye to a few retiring products.  And at the time I designed it I didn't know that Celebrate Today was going to be carrying over so it could have been goodbye to it as well.


  I made my sample to be a graduation card since it's that time of year but my ladies had the option to change out the sentiment to what they needed.  We are saying goodbye to the Angled Tag Topper punch.  I haven't had it that long but it's quickly found a place on my most used punches list.  I think this one will be sticking around in my collection.

  We stamped the balloon in Crushed Curry, used a marker and ruler to draw the balloon string, stamped the Happy over the balloon in Smoky Slate and then punched the tag.  Or you can punch first and then stamp, either way works!

  The 1/8" taffeta ribbon will be retiring in all but gold and silver so we used matching colors to go along with the Flashback DSP colors.  Using a stapler we anchored the ribbon through the tag.

  The sentiment was stamped in black onto Real Red cardstock and the ends were flagged.  A quick tip for smaller stamps to get a clean crisp image is to use a marker to ink it up.  Sometimes I find that the smaller stamps just get over inked using the pads so if you're having trouble getting a good image for a small stamp try out your markers.

  The whole tag is popped on dimensionals over the top if the Flashback DSP.

  Congrats to all the 2015 graduates out there!  Keep working hard and find something that you love to do!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Celebrate Today

Ink: Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, black

Paper: Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Flashback DSP

Accessories: Angled Tag Topper punch (retiring), 1/8" taffeta ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This is the best grad card Amanda. I love the partial balloon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!