Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Big Day Birthday

 I have another challenge card to share today.  I was able to play along with several of my favorite challenges over the weekend.  I had a lot of help with this one!  Not only did I use CAS(e) this Sketch challenge for the layout I used the Color Coach for my colors.  Can't get any easier than that.

  And now I have another birthday card to add to my stockpile!


  I don't know if it's my camera or the all cloudy days but I've been having a heck of a time getting my photos to turn out well.  Even after adjusting several things in a photo editing program the colors just seem off to me!  I'll keep plugging along hoping to a sunny day to see if that makes a difference!

  I used one of the free Sale-a-Bration sets, Big Day for this card.  I started with a Whisper White card base and added a panel of Smoky Slate topped with a smaller panel of Confetti Celebration DSP.  

  The sentiment is stamped onto Strawberry Slush with Stazon.  The cake is also stamped in Stazon onto watercolor paper (it was still out on my desk after making THIS card so I thought, why not?).  I used reinkers and a blender pen to color in the cake and then popped it up with dimensionals.  

  The finished touches are some bits of sparkle in rhinestones and silver sequins and a few candy dots to bring more pink to the card.  The candy dots are Melon Mambo but they looked close enough to Strawberry Slush that I went with it.

  Place your order today to earn FREE Sale-a-Bration rewards with purchases of $50 or more (before tax/shipping).   While you're in my online store (link in the side bar) check out this fun new stamp set that was just released today, Better Than Email!  It's so cute and perfect for all of your handcrafted projects!  Also, great Weekly Deals too...some are already on my "to order" list!





  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Big Day (SAB)

Ink: Stazon, Smoky Slate, Strawberry Slush

Paper:  Whisper White, Smoky Slate, water color paper, Strawberry Slush, Confetti Celebrations DSP

Accessories: dimensionals, rhinestones, sequins

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so sweet! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Amanda!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!