Friday, October 17, 2014

Non-Traditional Snowflakes

  I missed out on posting yesterday as I had a sicky sick kiddo at home and we headed to the doctor's office to get him checked out.  Normally I'm not one to rush to the doctor's for something little like a fever and runny nose but when he said it kind of hurt to breathe well that changes the game!  The whole morning schedule was blown apart but he's fine and it's nothing more than a virus.  He should be ship shape by Monday!

  I hope no one feels rushed or anything but I'm going to start posting more Christmas projects!  I know that I felt rushed when I saw the Christmas stuff up in stores back in September.  But I figure for hand made cards and gifts that that there needs to be some lead time for all the creative ideas to come together.

  I used 2 challenges for this card.  The colors come from a new to me challenge site that I stumbled on when doing comments for Fab Friday entries.  The Color Me challenge this week is Island Indigo, Soft Sky and Crisp Cantaloupe...cool right?  The layout is from RetroSketches; always great inspiration there!


  These aren't really what one would think of for Christmas or winter colors but I thought it would be fun to do it anyway.  That's why they're called challenges right?

  The base is Soft Sky with a panel of Whisper White embossed with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  This piece has actually been sitting in a pile on my stamping desk since last winter...it didn't work on a project then so I set it aside to be used later and it finally made the cut!

  To make the tag I used Whisper White cardstock and the Chalk Talk framelits.  Then I sponged Soft Sky all over with a heavier concentration on the edges.  Next, I stamped the snowflakes from Endless Wishes in Island Indigo and Crisp Cantaloupe.  I added a strip of Crisp Cantaloupe and then layered my tag on top using dimensionals. 
  
  The banner layer was stamped in Island Indigo and then I used my hexagon punch to notch my banner ends.  I did the same with a narrower strip of Island Indigo to go behind the sentiment.

  The embellishment details are a few rhinestones at the top left corner.  Then a fork bow (tutorial here) made out of Whisper White seam binding ribbon.  The last detail is a small Island Indigo button topped with another rhinestone.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Endless Wishes

Ink: Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Crisp Cantaloupe

Paper: Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White

Accessories: Northern Flurry e.f., Chalk Talk framelits, seam binding ribbon, rhinestones, hexagon punch, button





3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, Amanda! Although, I'm already dreading the 'real' snowflakes! Lol... Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty card....great take on the sketch....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Colour Me...! Amanda - I love your Endless Wishes Christmas card. These colours work really well for a slightly non-traditional scheme. Thanks for joining us this week and hope to see you in the gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!