Friday, September 12, 2014

Fab Gold Snowflakes - Fab Friday 50

Holy cow!  We are having our 50th challenge at Fab Friday!  How did that happen?  I guess it's true about fun and time flying!  The crew at Fab Friday are celebrating this milestone by having a Gold and white color combo challenge.  How fun is that?



  
  With all the fun gold accessories in the catalogs there are sure to be some stunners shared with us!  

  Here is my sample:


  My base is Brushed Gold cardstock and the front is embossed with clear snowflakes.  I've been on an embossing roll lately haven't I?  The clear is beautiful against the gold, subtle but still shimmery.  

  I punched a Whisper White tag with the scallop tag topper punch and then stamped it with the Hardwood background stamp in gold ink.  I think I may need to re-ink this pad but I ended up liking the light subtle look of it so I went with it.

  Over the top of the Hardwood stamp I stamped the snowflakes from Endless Wishes in Baked Brown Sugar.  While it's a brown ink BBS goes well with this brushed gold.  I highlighted the center of each snowflake with an adhesive pearl.

  On a narrow strip of gold cardstock I embossed the sentiment in white and added a few of the snowflakes from the Frosted Sequins (in the Holiday catalog).

  The final touches are the gold sequin trim through the tag top, the white baker's twin bow holding it together and then a few loose sequins at the bottom.  The tag is popped up on dimensionals.

  I hope you'll play along with us for our 50th challenge celebration.  Need some inspiration to get started?  Check out the rest of the design team samples at Fab Friday and bust out your gold and get to work!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Endless Wishes (Holiday catalog)

Ink: Gold, Versamark, Baked Brown Sugar

Paper: Brushed Gold, Whisper White

Accessories: white & clear embossing powder, Frosted Sequins (Holiday catalog), gold sequin trim, pearls, baker's twine, dimensionals, scallop edge punch


1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, what a beautiful card, so stunning and very, very classy! I love the background of heat embossed snowflakes and the way the sentiment is mounted over the tag! I came across this card on Pinterest which led me to the Fab Friday 50 challenge - the nudge I needed to use my new gold shimmer paint - thank you!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!