Friday, August 1, 2014

Christmas in August - Fab Friday 47

  After getting a peek at the upcoming Stampin' Up! holiday catalog I've had Christmas on my mind!  It's never too early to start planning your Christmas projects so I used today's Fab Friday challenge to start my stash for December.  It's a sketch challenge this time around.  Those circles could be any shape...think of the possibilities.



  Only having one current Christmas stamp set and no holiday papers didn't slow me down too much! But it will be a lot easier after I place my holiday catalog preorder today!  So many new goodies that I can't wait to get my hands on.


  The card base and top layer are both Smoky Slate with the top layer embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder.  

I looked through my Designer Series Papers to find a pattern that could work for Christmas and landed on this argyle look from the Flashback DSP.   Then I stamped the cute little ice skating bird from the For the Birds set omitting the "merry christmas" portion of the image.  I colored it and then punched it out and layered it with a larger Cherry Cobbler circle.

  I wanted to use a snowflake for the smallest circle in the sketch but I don't have any snowflake stamps or punches....yet!  The closest thing that I had to a snowflake shape is one of the flower pieces from the Flower Frenzy die.  I think it works pretty well in Glimmer paper.

  I used a soon to be release special hostess set for the sentiment.  I won the Good Greetings stamp set from Stampin' Up! during a sales challenge and I just got it on Monday.  Yay!  I love the font and it is very similar to the Endless Wishes and Endless Birthday Wishes sets so it's sure to be a hit.  I embossed it in black at the bottom of the largest circle.

  I sprinkled some small rhinestones around the largest circle as well as one larger one in the center of the snowflake.  The final embellishment is the Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and fork bow (click here for a tutorial on how to make a fork bow) at the top with just a small bit of silver thread from the silver bakers twine.

  Go check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team samples and play along with us.  Remember you have 2 weeks to do the challenge so there's no excuse! And it's never too early to plan for the holiday season!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: For the Birds, Good Greetings

Ink: Stazon, Versamark  Markers: Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Smoky Slate, Flashback DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer (old style)

Accessories: Circles framelits, 1 3/8" circle punch, Large Polka Dot e.f., Flower Frenzy die, rhinestones, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, black embossing powder, silver baker's twine

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card Amanda!! Love the bow!! And that folder is my most favorite one ever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!