Monday, July 14, 2014

Sports Birthday Boy

  I missed the submission deadline for this challenge but it has been busy at our house since Friday as it was Alex's 6th birthday and marked the start of our "Week of Birthdays".  Ryan's birthday is tomorrow so basically for an entire week we celebrate birthdays as gifts are arriving from grandparents and other relatives, out of town family visit and we have never ending birthday desserts!


  I thought this was a fun color combo for a birthday boy.  I had the whole card planed in my head and  had the background made and was working on the soccer player panel.  I went to grab my Tangerine Tango embossing powder and realized that it's not Tangerine Tango e.p. but Calypso Coral!  Oops...don't tell the boy that his card has a pinkish color on his card!  LOL!  It actually doesn't look too different does it?

  The layout is from Retro Sketches 122 and I was drawn to the hexagons in the background so that's what I went with.

  Off to get ready for our next summer adventure; Richmond Fun Week!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Simply Sports,  Draw the Line

Ink: Versamark, Basic Gray

Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango

Accessories: Honeycomb e.f., Circles framelits, fringe scissors, Hexagon Hive thinlet, baker's twine, Calypso Coral!! e.p.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!