Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Crazy 8 Birthday!

  Since we are sweating our butts off at Cub Scout camp this week I thought I should share a boy card today!



  This is a fun birthday card I made for Ryan to give one of his buddies a few weeks ago.

  I have used the Sea Street stamp set a whole lot since I've gotten it and I still have lots of plans for it.  For this card I used a Lost Lagoon base topped with Crumb Cake embossed with the Arrows embossing folder.  I added a small strip of Crumb Cake to stamp the sentiment.

  The octopus is stamped in Lost Lagoon on Whisper White and cut out with the Circles framelits.  I used a craft knife to slice around one of the tentacles and then made it hold an 8 that I cut out from Tangelo Twist cardstock.  

  To make sure the other side of the card wasn't too bare I added a punched banner with little fish stamped on the flags.

  Final touches are the Dazzling Details on the octopus tentacles and a retired Pumpkin Pie button that is a close enough match for an 8 year olds birthday card!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sea Street, Something to Celebrate (retired)

Ink: Lost Lagoon, Tangelo Twist

Paper: Lost Lagoon, Crumb Cake,  Whisper White,  Tangelo Twist

Accessories: Arrows e.f., Circles embossing folder,  button, banner punch, baker's twine, Dazzling Diamonds,  Typeset Alphabet dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!