Sunday, May 25, 2014

Chalkboard Teacher Thanks

  Here is a little thank you that I made for the teachers at the boys' school for Teacher Apprecation week.  I know teachers can always use some magnetic clips so I wanted to incorporate a little gift to go with the thank you.  The washi tape covered clothespins with a strong magnet attached to the back seemed like a good idea!


  I made about 14 of these to give to the regular classroom teachers as well as all the other teachers and staff my kids have regular contact with.

  The chalkboard technique was the perfect thing to go with for this project.  First, I cut out black cardstock and thin cardboard (from the DSP packs) with the Top Note die.  Then I used the awesome "thank you" from the Dude, You're Welcome kit and embossed it on black cardstock with white embossing powder.  I smudged some white craft ink across the black cardstock to mimic chalk dust.  Next,  I punched a hole in one end for the ribbon and tied it off with some Sale-a-Bration thick baker's twine.



  I used a white gel pen to write a message to each teacher and then finished it off with 2 washi covered clothespins.  I glued on tiny but super strong magnets to the back.  Functional but cute!

  We made a similar project at my What to Washi class a few weeks ago.  We used DSP instead of the chalkboard technique but the clips were the same.  It's a great little thank you gift for anyone special you'd like to recognize.



  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dude, You're Welcome

Ink: Versamark, white craft ink

Paper: Basic Black, thin cardboard, Watercolor Wonder DSP (bottom project)

Accessories: Top Note die, Retro Fresh washi tape, Epic Day washi tape, clothespins (non-SU), magnets (non-SU), assorted ribbon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!