Friday, January 24, 2014

Happy 2014...A Bit Late

 Here we are again with another "snow" day in Richmond.  Apparently they found a small patch of ice in the shade some where on a back road in Henrico County.  So no school again.  I find it kind of ironic that the teachers and staff have had to report to work the last few days, garbage and recycling service is running, USPS and UPS have been delivering, parents are planning playdates, driving to work and Target, going to the bounce houses places and yet the roads are still too dangerous to let the buses run....Hmmmmm....

  But anyway, on to the card.  I designed this one to send out for our New's Years cards.  I love the bit of sparkle from the Champagne glimmer paper and the sequins.


 This could also work for a birthday, wedding or anniversary card too!  The card base is Basic Gray with the bottom corners rounded and then a panel of Soft Sky Core'dinations paper embossed with the Decorative Dots folder (SAB).  Trying to mimic the bubbles in champagne a bit.  Next,  I tied a bit of Basic Gray 3/8" taffeta around that layer.

  For the image I used my Basic Gray marker to ink up the champagne glasses from the Happy House set and the "Celebrate" from the Make a Wish set.  I stamped them onto Very Vanilla cardstock.

  I used the Oval Framelits to cut out my images and then went to work on the sparkle.  I used the Word Window punch with the Champagne Glimmer paper to fill up my glasses.  This was a great way to use up a few small scraps that I couldn't bear to throw away.  Just trim the little word window pieces to fit in the glasses and glue down with Tombow Multi.  The finished oval panel is popped up with dimensionals.

  Then I pulled a few sequins off of the spool and glued them right down to the card front.  Another little something to make the card look bubbly!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Hour, Make a Wish

Ink: Basic Gray (marker)

Paper: Basic Gray, Soft Sky Core'dinations, Very Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer paper

Accessories: Decorative Dots e.f., taffeta ribbon, Oval Framelits, gold sequins, dimensionals, corner rounder punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!