Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sweet Christmas Stocking

  I used the great sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week to do up a quick Christmas card to continue to build my stash.  I used the colors from Hand Stamped Sentiments since they seemed perfect for Christmas!




  The base is Baked Brown Sugar and then a layer of Gumball Green Core'dinations embossed with the Snow Flurry embossing folder and lightly sanded.  The DSP is the retired Orchard Harvest pack from last fall.  Luckily I have just enough left to make a few more cards for my stash.  I embossed the "merry" in Early Espresso embossing powder.   


  I had some strips of watercolor paper leftover from a club project that are just the right size for the banner element of the sketch.  I stamped the stocking in Stazon and then used an Aquapainter and ink pads to watercolor.  I added Gumball Green ribbon and 2 retired metallic brads and then popped the banner up with dimensionals.


  The final touch for this card is the Dazzling Details on the white parts of the stocking design.  

  Thanks to both challenges for helping me get going on my Christmas cards!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Color Me Christmas, Pennant Parade (merry)

Ink: Stazon, Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Baked Brown Sugar, Versamark

Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Gumball Green Core'dinations, Orchard Harvest DSP (retired), watercolor paper

Accessories: Snow Flurry e.f., Dazzling Details, brads, stitched ribbon, Early Espresso e.p., aquapainter

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the embossed snowflakes in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable Christmas card! I love those embossed snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I especially love the Dazzling Details on the stocking. Glitter makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Cute!!! Love the embossed background!!!
    Stocking is so cute- love the pop of dazzling details!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card!! I love the new christmas stamps and the embossing folder...I've been using it way to much this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card and great use of our colors! I love that little stocking an am kicking myself for not getting that stamp set! Thanks for playing along this week at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How CUTE is that? I love the little striped stocking, and the one little word, "merry" is all you need! You make it look so easy :) Thanks so much for playing at HSS! ~ Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!