Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Tag Makes It Better!

  My project today it one that took literally 5 minutes but makes all the difference!  My husband likes bourbon and in the spring and summer makes a lot of mint juleps with mint we have growing in our garden.  Last year he introduced one of our neighbors to mint juleps and now the neighbor loves them too.  Our mint hasn't quite taken off yet this year but we got a nice bunch in our farm box one week so Matt decided to make a big batch of mint simple syrup and share some with the neighbor.

  Once it was cooled enough Matt tried to find a container to put it in to bring over to the neighbors.  I remembered a mason jar I had from a cookie mix gift that I was given.  We poured it in and it was ready to go.  The only problem; the mint simple syrup totally looked liked pee in a jar.  Gross right?  You can't just go walking around the neighborhood and have people think you're carrying around a sample that should go to a lab or something.

  Stampin' Up! to the rescue!  I told Matt to wait a few minutes while I made a tag to put on the jar to tone down the bodily fluid vibe of the gift.


 See a tag makes it better!  I love this Happy Hour set.  It's perfect for so many occasions, though I do wish it had a rocks or old fashioned glass in the line up….none of the glasses really fit a mint julep.  I used a few of the new colors on the tag and cut it out with an Apothecary Accents framelit.  I tied the tag around the jar with some retired Certainly Celery taffeta ribbon.


  So remember, when in doubt add a tag!  =)

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Hour

Ink: Smoky Slate, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush

Paper: Whisper White

Accessories: Apothecary Accents framelits, Taffeta ribbon (retired)

5 comments:

  1. Yay to Happy Hour for saving the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saved the day, for sure! It really does look like pee in a jar...lol! Your tag changed the whole dynamics of this gift. Great job! Had a sip of mint julep at a Kentucky Derby party a few weeks back...yikes! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally clever idea, and turned out so cute. Just joined as a follower, and hope you'll come visit me if you have time. I love SU products and they get me into really deep trouble. Local demo-er just brought over the new catalog. Sigh....Love your work by the way. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post! Love the tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!