Friday, June 28, 2013

A Fab Anniversary

Happy Friday!  We have a super busy day ahead of us so I'm going to get right to the stamping!

We've got a great sketch for you to work with this time around at Fab Friday.  There are so many possibilities with that larger square panel I can't wait to see what you all come up with!  Remember play along and link your project so we can all oooohhh and aaaahhh over it!

Check it out:

   Your creative wheels are turning!  I can hear them!

  This is what I came up with.  I needed an anniversary card for my husband as our anniversary is next week.  10 years has gone by in the blink of an eye that's for sure.  We have always tried to keep with the traditional gift giving ideas for anniversaries such as paper, wood, leather, copper etc.  It's kind of fun to try to come up with something original within the traditional gift idea.  The tenth anniversary is tin so it's a bit tougher to come up with a good gift…tin cans don't have much use!  I wanted to make sure I tied the card in with the gift so I used some tin foil as an element!  I just adhered the foil to a piece of cardstock and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Stripes embossing folder.  I also pierced the foil layer using the circle piercing template.


  And sorry for the poor photo….who knew tin foil was so hard to photograph!  My color combination came from a paper plate that I saw at Target a while back and I thought it was a fun guy card combination.

  Don't forget to check out the rest of the Fab Friday design team to see what they have come up with for this sketch!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Hour, Remember Rotary Stamp, Something to Celebrate (retired Hostess)

Ink: Gumball Green, Basic Gray, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, tin foil

Accessories:  Stripes e.f., candy dots, baker's twine, Decorative Label punch, circle punch, Word Window punch, circle piercing template

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I love how you used the rotary stamp ...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Amanda! The tin foil looks so good on this, and I love this color combo. And I just love what you did with the rotary stamp. Congrats on your anniversary! I hope y'all get to do something special for your milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card!! I love the foil background!! You're right it's hard to photograph!! The colors are great together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!