Monday, May 20, 2013

Epic Teacher Appreciation

  The week before last was Teacher Appreciation Week for both boys schools.  I had fun making a quick little notecard and matching envelope to go with a gift card for Ryan's first grade teacher.  I forgot to take a "real" photo of it before heading off to school so my cell phone photos will have to do.

  I had a bunch of random supplies out on my desk from various other projects and I just grabbed a few things and got going.  The Simply Scored and SS Diagonal plate are awesome when you want to make your own envelopes out of DSP.  Seriously, it's so easy!

 

  I used the Epic Day DSP that is in the new catalog in the This and That journaling suite for the envelope.  The chevron pattern is so fun.  I made a belly band to close the envelope and then accessorized with a Pop Up Posies paper flower and tag (kit is still available in the Spring catalog).  The "Thank You" stamp is from the Dude, You're Welcome kit.

 

 For the insert I stamped some of the little ink spot splatters (stamped off once) from the first My Paper Pumpkin kit and the "Seriously" from the second My Paper Pumpkin kit.  I used the retired round tab punch for the little pull and adhered it using a staple.

  A really quick project to make a gift card seem a little more special.  It took me longer to type this post than it did to make this notecard and matching envelope!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dude, You're Welcome, My Paper Pumpkin Kit #1, My Paper Pumpkin Kit #2

Ink: Early Espresso, Gumball Green

Paper: Epic Day DSP, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake

Accessories: Pop Up Posies kit, Simply Scored + diagonal plate, round tab punch (retired)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!