Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Tree

  I am just a tab bit behind in posting projects lately.  I was hoping to catch up over the weekend but as usual time got away from me.  I actually spent all day Saturday in Baltimore for a Stampin' Up! regional event.  It was a lot of fun!  I swapped with some great stampers (I hope to show those at some point), met some online friends in person for the first time and just had a great day that was focused all on Stampin' Up!  Seriously, 850 people all crazy about Stampin' Up!….how could that be a bad day?    

  If you've ever thought that being a demo would be fun, now is a great time to join Stampin' Up!  You get $155 worth of products for just $99 in your starter kit….and you get to pick whatever you want!  If you join now, you'll be able to preorder from the new catalog, get sneak peeks, go to Stampin' Up! events, get a 20% discount on your orders, earn 20% commission of what you sell, get an exclusive demonstrator only magazine and so much more (yes, I sound like an infomercial but it's all true!!).  Check out your wish list and if you've got close to $99 (and really who doesn't??) then you should consider it.  I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.  I'd love to have you join my team so if you're ready to get started click here to join the fun!

  On to the stamping!  Here is a card that my ladies made at my last class.  I wanted to teach them how to stamp off and how you can get varying shades using the same color.  I CASEd this card here by Aimee Cretsinger.  It was such a sweet design that I really just tweaked it a bit to highlight some other supplies I wanted my stamping ladies to get to play with.  Thanks for the great idea Aimee!


  We used Lucky Limeaid (I'm really going to miss this color!) for the tree and used different sizes of circle punches.  The stamp used is the big flower stamp from Betsy's Blossoms.  To stamp off just keep stamping without stopping to re-ink.  The trunk is a piece of Early Espresso that was embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder and then hand cut.

  A punched butterfly, a pearl and a baker's twine bow complete the embellishments for this card.  All of this is mounted on a layer of Primrose Petals Core'dinations cardstock that was embossed with the Vine Street embossing folder and then sanded.

  I decided to leave a sentiment off of the front so it could be customized for any occasion.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms

Ink: Lucky Limeaid

Paper: Whisper White, Primrose Petals Core'dinations, Early Espresso

Accessories: Vine Street e.f., Woodgrain e.f., Early Espresso baker's twine, circle punches, butterfly punch, pearl, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Amanda! You are so creative :) Hope you are well! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!