Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Nature Walk Collage

  My stamping class this month was a stamp-a-stack where the ladies made 12 cards, 4 each of 3 designs.  I wanted to focus on designs that could be for any occasion.  So often I need to put a card in the mail right away and when I look in my box of cards they are all very specific and just don't fit for what I need at the moment.  So a birthday, thank you, get well or thinking of you sentiment can be added when the need arises.  Or just leave the sentiment off for a nice note card too!


  This card comes together really quickly for an elegant vintage collage inspired card.  I used the new Ovals Framelits to cut out an oval from the center of a piece of scrap cardstock and then used the negative as a stencil to sponge a Crumb Cake oval onto the top layer of the card front.  I used a bit of re-positional adhesive to keep the frame template from moving.

 Next, for the stamping I grouped all but 2 of the stamps together onto one clear mount block and inked it up with Chocolate Chip ink and then stamped it right over the top of the sponged circle.  Then with the new distressing tool from the spring catalog I roughed up the edges of my image panel.

  The final touches are the Summer Starfruit stitched ribbon across the corner with a little knot of linen thread.  All that is mounted on a layer of Chocolate Chip and then the Island Indigo card base.

  And there you have it…a nice blank card for any occasion!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Nature Walk

Ink: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip

Paper: Island Indigo, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Oval Framelits, linen thread, Summer Starfruit stitched ribbon, distressing tool


2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem when looking for something for 'just because'. Love this card, Amanda! It would work well for any occasion, male or female. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly beautiful! Your description makes it sound fairly easy - yet it's so full of details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!