Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Clean & Simple Wedding

  Ahhhhhh....it's finally here!  Election day!  Regardless of which way you're voting today I know we can all agree that not having the constant political phone calls will be awesome!  I don't think I've answered my phone for more than a month!  At one point we had 15 messages on the answering machine and that didn't even count the calls that hung up before the machine picked up.  The trials and tribulations of living in a swing state I guess.

  And another thing....I understand the need to use schools for voting precincts but really....bringing a 6 year old and 4 year old to stand in line to vote is quite tiresome.  I think I will need a few more cups of coffee before tackling that part of my day.

  On a more serious note; don't take the privilege of voting lightly.  Many people have lost their lives in our country's history to give us this ability to choose our leaders.  Let us not take those sacrifices for granted.

  The Public Service Announcement is over....now onto the card!

  We went to a family wedding a few weeks ago and this is the card that I made for the special occasion.  I was short on time that week (when am I ever long on time right?) so I quickly browsed through the gallery over at Splitcoaststampers for some inspiration.  I came across this card by SanFransister.  Gorgeous!  If you haven't joined Splitcoaststampers (SCS) I highly recommend it.  There are so many great resources one of which is the fantastic gallery.  Go check it out!

  For my card I made a larger size than I normally do.  This one measures around 5 x 7.  I had a few random envelopes left from another project and wanted to size the card to match.

 As you can see I really just CASEd (Copy and Share Everything) SanFransister's card.  I didn't have the exact supplies she used so I substituted what I had on hand. 

  The base is Sahara Sand with the right side corners rounded which I carried through to the other layers.  Next is a layer of Very Vanilla.  I stamped the "Congratulations" in Sahara Sand ink and added the sprinkling of rhinestones.  I used more rhinestones than the inspiration card as my card was larger and needed more to balance the size.  Next I added a fork bow made from the retired Very Vanilla satin ribbon.  I kind of miss this ribbon as it is so elegant.  The top layer is again Sahara Sand and is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Well Scripted (retired)


  Ink: Sahara Sand

  Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla

  Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper e.f., Very Vanilla satin ribbon (retired), rhinestones, corner rounder punch

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your public service announcement about voting. I was a bit bummed when I showed up to vote at 7 a.m. and found a line of more than 50 people ahead of me already. I quickly changed my attitude when I remembered that not that long ago, women could not vote. I took the next 50 minutes of time while I waited in line to think about so many things I am grateful for - including the right and opportunity to vote.
    Your wedding card is simply lovely too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!