Monday, October 8, 2012

Welcome Baby Cameron!

  Fall certainly seems to be in the air this morning here in the Richmond area....actually it's almost leaning more towards winter!  Rainy and 47 degrees, yuck!  But that's all the more reason to stay inside and stamp right?  Since it's Columbus day and my husband and oldest son have the day off from work and school I was given the morning off from running around.  Matt decided that he would bring Alex to school and then he and Ryan would go do guy errands (Lowe's, the woodworking store etc.).  We'll all meet up later for lunch but for now the house is quiet so I thought I would share this card that made the other day.  Sometimes it's hard to concentrate on writing with the chaos swirling around me!

  Our friends and neighbors (she's also one of my stamping ladies!) had their second child not too long ago.  We were bringing them dinner the other night and of course I couldn't show up without a card!

   I had bought the Two By Two single stamp when the new catalog came out in June but hadn't used it yet.  I inked it up with Stazon and then stamped onto watercolor paper.  I cut it out with the Windows framlelit.  Then I got to work...I used my Aquapainter and squished some ink onto the inkpad lids to watercolor with.   None of these animals are terribly colorful in real life so I think I used all the browns and yellows!  I know after having 2 boys myself I got a little tired of all the pastel boy colors on clothes and gifts.  Some of my favorite outfits the boys received when they were born had colors like these along with greens and oranges.  It was such a nice change from baby blue!

  The base of the card is Soft Suede embossed with the woodgrain e.f.  I think I'm a little obsessed with this one!  But I figured the ark was built with wood so I should carry the theme through!  The banners are made from 2 different packs; The More Mustard pattern is from Howlstooth & Scarringbone and the Island Indigo and Cajun Craze is from the Orchard Harvest pack.

  I popped the image panel on dimensionals (I can't remember the last card I made that didn't use dimensionals...talk about obsessed!) and then added a retired Sale-a-bration Pacific Point button tied with linen thread.  The button matches pretty well even if it's not the same color blue.

  My layout is the current sketch from Fab Friday.  It's not too late to play along with this challenge.  It doesn't close until Thursday morning so there's plenty of time.  Head over to see the great cards the design team came up with as well as all the entries so far!  We'd love to have you join us!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Two By Two

Ink: Black Stazon  For watercoloring: More Mustard, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Marina Mist

Paper: Soft Suede, Watercolor paper, Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP, Orchard Harvest DSP

Accessories: Window Framelits, SAB Pacific Point button, linen thread, dimensionals, Woodgrain e.f.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. The basic design can be used for so much. My goal this week-stamp! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!