Saturday, September 8, 2012

Folded Paper Flowers

   Happy Saturday everyone!  It is one lazy morning here at our house that's for sure.  Last night we hostessed a "happy hour" get together with some of our neighbors.  It turned into quite the late evening with good food and good company.  Needless to say we are all lounging around right now trying to get motivated to do 'something'.  Does blogging count?  Ha!

  My card today is one I made a while ago.  I saw this card made by Christina on Pinterest and really liked how the bright colors popped against the black background.  I, if you can believe it, don't own a flower die or punch!  I had to make due with creating my flowers from folded pieces DSP.

 I used an old Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers; Real Red, Wisteria Wonder and Island Indigo.  Kind of a crazy set of colors in my world but I think it works.  To make the flowers I used my 1 1/4" circle punch and punched out 4 circles in each of my patterns.  Then I folded each one in half and then in half again.  I adhered them to the card base with the open flap part facing the same direction going around in a circle.  Then I added the buttons with baker's twine bows using glue dots.

  To keep the card from being too dark I added the Sweet Essentials sentiment stamped on a piece of Whisper White with some Wisteria Wonder trim at the bottom.  I cut the trim using one of the Finishing Touches Edgelits.  Two mini silver brads anchor the sentiment panel and rounded corners at the bottom finish this card off.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sweet Essentials

Ink: Black Stazon

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Summer Smooches DSP, In Color DSP Pack

Accessories: circle punch, buttons, baker's twine, mini brads, Finishing Touches Edgelit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!