Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School!

 After a long and mostly great summer, school has resumed in our area!  After all the back to school open houses, endless forms and packing snacks and a lunch the day has finally arrived.  Everyone got going this morning at the right times and the boys made it to their respective schools.  Alex wasn't too thrilled about getting his picture taken but other than that it went quite smoothly this morning!

Is it just me or do Ryan's shoes look huge??

The grudging "smile"
  And of course I had to make a back to school project.  There were several "back to school" themed challenges from this past week but I think I missed the deadline for all of them.  Oh well....it was still fun to be stamping!  I made a bunch of these back to school pencils that we gave out to the various teachers and office staff at both schools this morning.  I think the adults need just as many "good luck" wishes as the kids do...maybe even more since the adults are totally out numbered at school!  This is a variation of the owl themed back to school pencils I did last year.


   I punched the scallop circles from the new Core'dinations Early Espresso cardstock and then ran them through the Big Shot with the new Woodgrain embossing folder (Love it!).  Then I added a punched circle from the Orchard Harvest DSP.  I colored the acorn with More Mustard and Early Espresso markers and stamped it on Very Vanilla. Another circle punch and some Crumb Cake sponging.  I hand trimmed the banner after stamping the sentiment and doing some more punching.  I tied the whole tag to cello pencil back with Island Indigo baker's twine.  Since the baker's twine is white I sponged some Crumb Cake ink on that too so it wouldn't be so stark against the Very Vanilla.


  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Wonderfall, So Happy for You (retired)

Ink: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Crumb Cake (sponging)

Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso Core'dinations, Orchard Harvest DSP

Accessories: Scallop circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Island Indigo baker's twine, 1" x 8" cello bags, Woodgrain embossing folder, pencils

5 comments:

  1. So glad that your morning went smoothly! Glad that the boys let you take their photos too - it's fun to look back at the end of the year and see how much they've grown! Great project, Amanda! I think I like this one even better than the owls! Have a good week, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are so cute! I hope they had a great first day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute your boys are! I remember those days. . . Last year when I took the leaving for 9th grade pic he was like really Mom? So, I didn't get one yet this year. . . I did say yet;) LOL!

    Love the pencil topper! To cute! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get used to the picture thing -- my son had a first day of school melt down (over what shirt to wear) and told me I could not take his photo - "maybe you can get a 54th day of school picture". Goota love the teen years! I got ready to leave and was walking out the door when he said "aren't you going to take my picture". You can't win. If you see me chugging an extra glass of wine at the next Stamp Club -- you will know why!!! Love those boys - they are getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cute idea! I may try to find some Halloween pencils and dress them up the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!