Monday, July 30, 2012

Sahara and Plum Smile

 Happy Monday morning everyone!  Did you have a good weekend?  I did!  I didn't get much stamping done but did cut all the paper for my stamp club on Tuesday.  Now just to clean the house...yuck!

  The card I'm sharing today was inspired (again) by a bedspread from The Company Store.  I tore the picture out of the catalog because I like the soft purple against the sand color.  The image from their website does not copy very clearly so here's the link to see it if you'd like Greenbriar Comfort Wash Comforter Cover.  The flower images remind me of the Summer Silhouettes stamp set.  I don't have that one so I decided to use the Reason to Smile set that is the special promotion this month....only $5 with an order of $50 or more!  Great deal and a great set!


  I used last weeks sketch from Freshly Made Sketches paired with the colors from the bedspread.  The base is Sahara Sand and the next layer is also Sahara Sand trimmed down slightly.  The background was a labor of love that's for sure.  I stamped the larger flower randomly around in Sahara Sand ink.  Then I filled in the spaces with the small flower in Perfect Plum.  Now the labor part!  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the outline stamp around all the little flowers.  I used Early Espresso for this part.  It took a while to line up all petals but I really like how it turned out.

  I had a Whisper White circle in my scraps so I stamped the big flower in Perfect Plum and then the outline stamp in Early Espresso using the Stamp-a-ma-jig again.  Next I layered a smaller Perfect plum circle behind it. 

  In an effort to keep my ribbon scraps at bay I pulled out a strip of the retired 5/8" satin ribbon and then a faceted button with a rhinestone in the center.  I think I'm addicted to that little embellishment!

  Have a great start to the week!  Local ladies: Reminder that stamp club is tomorrow at either 9:30am or 7pm!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Reason to Smile

Ink: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Perfect Plum

Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Perfect Plum

Accessories: Circles #2 die, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 5/8" satin ribbon, faceted button, rhinestone



1 comment:

  1. Oooh...what pretty colors! Great card, Amanda. Wish I could come to stamp club! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!