Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Masculine Welcome Neighbor

The heat seems to have taken a bit of a break the last 2 days here in Central Virginia.  Yesterday it was only in the mid-80s but the humidity was still pretty high.   We managed to get outside and play as it feels like we been stuck inside way too much lately!

  My card today is one I made last week to welcome a new neighbor into the neighborhood.  As my local stamping ladies know they are building a lot of new houses all around me.  It's been a mess of worker guys, large, loud trucks at all hours and just a general disruption of the neighborhood.  We knew houses were going to be built someday and we honestly expected it to happen 5 years ago when we first moved in but the lots remained empty for years due to the downturn in the housing market.  Now they've built/are building 9 houses!  That's a lot of new neighbors!  A few houses have been completed and moved into so I've been slowly getting my butt in gear to make a card and a little something to bring to the new neighbors.

  One new neighbor is a single guy in his 30s (I think) so my standard jar candle wrapped in DSP with a matching card probably isn't going to make a huge impression on him.  Instead, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies and a card to take over.  We tried to deliver the cookies over the weekend in the blazing heat (I think the cookies baked a little more on the walk over!).  But the new neighbor wasn't home and hasn't been home since.  I guess he's on vacation.  My boys are only too happy to take care of the cookies before they go stale!  I'll make another batch of cookies but at least the card is finished!

 The new products that I used for this card are the Chevron embossing folder on the Gumball Green panel.  I also used another new In Color Midnight Muse.  I used the new paper piercing essentials pack to detail the strip of Midnight Muse.  Pairing new accessories with older or retired stamp sets brings a fresh look to some old favorites. 

  So what do you think?  OK for a new neighbor?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Good Neighbor (retired), Something to Celebrate (retired)

Ink: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green

Paper: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green

Accessories: Chevron e.f., Paper Piercing Essentials pack, scallop circle punch, large circle punch, dimensionals, brads

1 comment:

  1. This is a great welcome new neighbor card, especially for a guy. Great job !! Love those new SU colors !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!