Friday, March 16, 2012

Floating Balloon Thank You

  I needed to make some thank you cards for gifts I received on my birthday last week and I was looking around for inspiration.  It was after a full day and the boys had just gone to be and that's a time when my creative mojo just isn't at it's highest.  I paged through last months issue of Stampin' Success our monthly demonstrator magazine (another great perk to being a demonstrator!) and saw a sample using the Send Me Soaring set from the Occasions mini.  It's a cute set but I didn't get it when the mini came out.  I decided to make my version of the card using a stamp set that I had.

 I wanted to use the same colors that I used on my Clean & Simple Notecard.  I saw these colors together on some bedding in a magazine and really like the fresh combination.  Pool Party, Wild Wasabi and Rich Razzleberry.

  I embossed the white clouds on the Pool Party base.  I used my markers to color the balloon from Up, Up & Away and cut it out lickety split with my paper snips.  I used white Baker's Twine to make the string and knot and then adhered it over the clouds with a dimensional.

 Next I made some grass with the narrow strip of Wild Wasabi that I cut with the paper snips to make a fringe.  I adhered that down and then used the circle punch to punch out a little spot for my sentiment to peek through.

  I hope everyone has a fun weekend and enjoys St. Patrick's day!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Up, Up & Away, Petite Pairs

Ink: Versamark, markers- Wild Wasabi, Rich Razzleberry

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi


Accessories: paper snips, baker's twine, circle punch, embossing powder, dimensional

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm....did I know it was your birthday? Happy Birthday a week late, Amanda! So sorry I missed it! Your card is adorable! Love that kite, and the peek a boo sentiment is so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!