Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bright & Cheerful Birthday

  I just finished making my weekly menu and shopping list.  It's so hard for me to come up with meal ideas when I'm not hungry.  I check the grocery store flier to see what's on sale, I look on Food Network to see if anything jumps out at me, I browse my (very large) file of saved recipes trying to come up with 5 or so meals for the week.  I even looked on Pinterest tonight for some ideas and we all know what a black hole that can be.  I actually found a few ideas so it wasn't a complete waste of time!  Do you have any favorite meals you like to make?  I need more ideas and I'd love to try your recipes!

  On to the stamping!  This is a card that I designed for my Stamp-a-Stack last month.  The theme was birthdays and this is the one I came up with that was kind of geared towards kids.


  The base is Tempting Turquoise and then a layer of Whisper White that has score lines right above the piece of Big Top Birthday DSP.  I love the Simply Scored for making even score lines like this and now that there is the diagonal plate the possibilities are endless!  A length of 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon is tied around the card front. 

  The Happy Birthday cake is from the Bring on the Cake set and is stamped in Stazon and punched out with the large circle punch.  It is layered on a Tempting Turquoise scallop circle.  The Brights Collection flower button with bakers twine is added with a glue dot.  The cake panel is popped up on dimensionals.



  I really like this card as it has bright colors and is very cheerful but not overwhelmingly busy.  You have to be careful to make sure you have enough white or open space on a card that uses this many bright colors and has a somewhat busy pattern on the DSP.  The Whisper White panel with the score lines and the the crisp black cake/sentiment help keep everything pulled together without hurting your eyes!

  Don't forget to share your favorite dinner recipes!  My family will thank you too!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bring on the Cake

Ink: Stazon

Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Big Top Birthday DSP

Accessories: Simple Scored, Brights button, Bakers Twine, circle punch, scallop circle punch, dimensionals, glue dot, Real Red grosgrain ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I like this card, the colours are so vibrant together.

    One of our favourite dinners is chicken and ham rice. I fry onions, garlic and bacon, add brown basmati rice, seasoning and stock and cook for about half an hour. Then add cooked chicken, ham, peas and sweetcorn. It's good for using up odds and ends from the fridge and the kids seem to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love it. and it's SO simple. I've finally gotten down to the "studio" working on some scrapbooking. Now to break out the stamps! Thanks for your inspiration. Enjoy those amazing spring temperatures this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super nice demonstratable card! Love the fun DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET! [no pun intended :)] Such a bright and happy birthday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!